Home SET Asylum

Single Ended Triodes (SETs), the ultimate tube lovers dream.

RE: It's been 35 years now!

What would we gain from this?

There are many more things that need attention, things that actually have tangible effects.

Heck I would even give Drlowmu some potential credit with his wild bypassing escapades, but this is out there.

Much bigger effects come from Placebo or Sensory Adaptation.
Slight variations in the way we hear at a given point of time depending on the environmental conditions leading up to that point in time.

Other senses we have that also adapt, are things like touch and smell.
That is why you are able to slowly slip into a hot bath, or why the presence of perfume seems to fade over time.

So in summary, swapping a part like an output transformer could quite possibly sound like it's breaking in, but only if the design parameters are substantially different enough, which they usually are when somebody is "upgrading". (Or changing some other part that is measurably and significantly different.)

However, you can't really account for that, quite often you have to make your selection based off of parameters ahead of time and fingers crossed benefit from the selection after purchase.

△This message will self destruct in 10 seconds△

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Schiit Audio  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • RE: It's been 35 years now! - Garg0yle 13:13:36 08/20/15 (0)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.