Home SET Asylum

Single Ended Triodes (SETs), the ultimate tube lovers dream.

RE: Many Times...

"Your mind is already made up. No problem. My experience mirrors Paul Joppa's and after some hours the sound did change."

Yes, I have reached my own conclusions. I'm not sure about your use of the word "already," though. How many years is one supposed to contemplate such matters before the "already" would be omitted?

I have observed for myself that I hear none of these alleged effects. I have considered the underlying physical principles, and I can see no reason why there should be effects of sufficient magnitude to be audible to the human ear. I have, on the other hand, read of and indeed experienced all manner of instances where the brain is deceived into thinking something happened that actually didn't, or thinking that something didn't happen that actually did.

And to cap it all, one can amuse oneself by browsing in the Tweakers' Forum, where people report (no doubt sincerely) hearing all kinds of effects due to crystals, flashing lights, blue pens, quantum fuses, or whatever that are obviously complete nonsense.

So yes, I have made up my mind. But "already"? I don't understand what you mean by that word in this context.

Chris

Edits: 08/19/15

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Kimber Kable  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.