Home SET Asylum

Single Ended Triodes (SETs), the ultimate tube lovers dream.

Tube amp Update

Well for anyone interested, my Musical Paradise integrated amp Model MP301MK3 will be a year old as of 7/31/2015. I have been using it for both my HDTV sound and also for music duties.I'm running it an average of 12-15 hours a day 6 days a week since I got it last year,enjoying every minute of it. The change I made was replacing the 6L6 Chinese Power tubes it came with to Sovtek 5881 WXT and the Chinese preamp tubes to RCA 6SH7 metal cans to eliminate the slight hum it had when using headphones.It also does a very nice job with headphones.Anyway if you might thinking about a budget starter tube amp/headphone amp and don't mind a Canadian design with a Chinese build,it ran me $400 to my door.If I ever need repair,it would ship to Canada. I have been driving a pair of GNP monitor speakers Model 10,90db sensitivity which seems to be a very good match,I am using a Dayton 12" sub-woofer to cover bass. So after a 12 month "torture test" it should hold up for a while.So far I don't have anything negative to report:)
Photobucket

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Sonic Craft  

Topic - Tube amp Update - IEaudiodude 00:36:06 07/31/15 (0)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.