Home SET Asylum

Single Ended Triodes (SETs), the ultimate tube lovers dream.

Voicing

It is my opinion that voicing components was probably more prevalent in the 50's and 60's. each major recording studio was associated with an electronics company there seemed to be a symbiotic relationship.

For example RCA had its own electronics departments and made everything from Microphones to tubes.

In England you had Decca which also had a an electronics side making and designing Microphones and components.

In the European continent, you had Philips with their fingers in every aspect of sound.

In fact when you listen to recordings of the era, there are distinct sonic regional differences, many of which are reflected in the audio components that were manufactured

The advent of readily available oscilloscopes and signal generators sort of evens certain things out: like transformers, particularly in the modern era. Surplus scopes and generators certainly flood the consumer market after the Korean War (well not necessarily flood, but becomes readily available)

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Signature Sound   [ Signature Sound Lounge ]

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • Voicing - unclestu 13:19:27 07/08/15 (0)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.