Home SET Asylum

Single Ended Triodes (SETs), the ultimate tube lovers dream.

a 45 for Trishna

Good Morning,
I am going to be buying a pair of Rethm Trishnas in the not too distant future and I wanted to tap the wisdom here about amplification. The dealer sells Audion. They make a Silver Night level amp called the Duo that can take 300B, 2A3, or type 45 tubes. This may be a wonderful amp but I have two reservations.
First - Does the circuitry that allows this tube flexibility detract from the sound vs a dedicated single tube type amp?
My other concern is that apparently Audion had some quality control and customer service issues some years back which were echoed by several unhappy customers on various boards. This can happen to any company and the good ones use it to become better. Granted all of this was quite a while ago, still...do any of you know of any lingering quality issues with Audion?

The other amplifier I am considering is the Korneff 45 replica built by Min at Tube Audio Lab. Any experience or opinion about this company and device would be most appreciated.
Any other suggestions of a type 45 amp are welcome.
Thank you in advance.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Kimber Kable  

Topic - a 45 for Trishna - mrubey 07:44:36 05/18/15 (32)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.