Home SET Asylum

Single Ended Triodes (SETs), the ultimate tube lovers dream.

Most of the radio's I worked on were 45 or 71A

Tom, others

Most of the radios I worked on here were either 45 or 71A single ended, only a few 2A3's. Most of the early RCA, Crosley and other bakelite units were single ended. I don't remember any of these being pp.

But they are not really hi fi either. The outputs look like they are good to like 80hz, like most guitar amps that are single ended.

I did have a cool japanese radio that had line inputs, silver mica coupling caps and ECL82/6BM8 output tubes. It was really sweet and someone had to have and I have too much junk here already.

The WE stuff early on was not sold to anyone. It was all leased and WE and then Altec serviced all the equipment. They put those damn 91A amps in almost anything. I was called ounce from some guy who was redoing a house here in Cincinnati (Lindner's) they had a PA system in their house run by 91A amps. Hadn't been used in years, scored a couple and a boat load of 300B's, 274 and other tubes.

Thanks,
Gordon
J. Gordon Rankin

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Kimber Kable  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • Most of the radio's I worked on were 45 or 71A - Gordon Rankin 09:41:08 05/13/15 (0)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.