Home SET Asylum

Single Ended Triodes (SETs), the ultimate tube lovers dream.

RE: SUN SV 2A3 stereo SE amp .... MEASUREMENTS

I think my Lynx one audio card is ready for the trash. Its from ~ 1999.. I see electrolytic caps I assume are on the output stage. I"m betting its responsible for some of the top end rolloff.

I've got a spare Audiosciecne PCI card at work to borrow, 96khz and fairly new.. I'll run new measurements very soon.

I am in agreement with Dave in that I don't believe the bypass caps will cause that much boost up to 20khz....and also hoping I've got quesitonable measurements. Definitely up for following Jeffs outline for educational purposes. If he's wrong I can always sell some caps or put them to use in other projects.

The sound is not an issue to me, although I do realize that there is a great deal of bias since I built the amp!

In watching a few posters on here I"ve somewhat deduced that low frequency phase response from the low current 12ax7 might be less an issue than its made to be...given the lack of global feedback.. (althouigh there is some degenerative feedback I think from smaller cathode bypass caps)

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Sonic Craft  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • RE: SUN SV 2A3 stereo SE amp .... MEASUREMENTS - rage 01:49:34 05/06/15 (0)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.