Home SET Asylum

Single Ended Triodes (SETs), the ultimate tube lovers dream.

RU KIDDING ME?

"base construction getter placement and mica supports all contribute to the sonic attributes."

This would be an accident if remotely true. The manufacturers are obligated to produce a device that performs as the type it is as defined by the characteristics. IF a REAL sonic difference could be perceived or measured, then it would be attributable only to inter-electrode capacitances and the
micro differences thereof.

Of course build quality and placement of insulators and type of bottle all affect the sonic nature of a tube. Just the way the bottle dissipates the heat has an affect on the sound as well as the components used.When tubes develop a vibration within the tube due to poor or lesser build quality,that translates to excessive microphonics which definitely changes the sound..So why wouldn't build type and placement have an affect?
You probably think that an entry level Goodyear shock absorber is going to give you the same ride and control that a Bilstein gas shock will just because Goodyear says this cheap shock meets OEM spec..Nothing could be further from the truth.
"For every complex problem there is an answer that is clear, simple, and wrong" H. L. Mencken

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Schiit Audio  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • RU KIDDING ME? - Michael Samra 15:57:15 04/11/15 (0)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.