Home SET Asylum

Single Ended Triodes (SETs), the ultimate tube lovers dream.

RE: Yes, obviously I am spewing sophistry. Heresy!

Well, it was not my intention to offend anyone either, but sophistry is such a fun and cheerful word, I couldn't help but employ it under the circumstance. I must admit to a certain frustration when it comes to the frequent apocryphal assertions regarding the JJ 2A3-40 and the JJ 300B and, if I were to be completely candid, the inexorable assault on our shoreline, only one hundred feet from our home, by acre sized mats of Sargassum seaweed have infused every pore of my being with a less than fruity fragrance and my mind with less than salubrious intentions.

Casting macro algae aside for the moment, I can't fail to notice that I have been blessed by the winds of fate with both the JJ 2A3-40 and the JJ 300B in my arsenal of thermionic devices and find that each of them conforms to the expected operating conditions implicit to the archetype. Consulting the charts so thoughtfully provided by Mr. Trey, it should be clear to the naked eye, without resorting to the benefit of load lines, that the JJ 2A3-40 biased with an Eg = -45V and Ep = 250V will pass 60mA of plate current. If this does not conform to the expected operating conditions of a 2A3 I will chow down on an acre of Sargassum. It should be noted that under the same operating conditions e.g., with a bias of Eg = -45V and Ep = 250V the JJ 300B will pass 80mA of plate current. The implications of "new math" not withstanding, I submit that there is a 20mA difference in the operating conditions of the respective tubes under equal bias and plate voltages. That would appear to this casual observer to be significant

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Kimber Kable  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.