Home SET Asylum

Single Ended Triodes (SETs), the ultimate tube lovers dream.

RE: 2A3 "softer blurrier" than what?

Sorry the view of the 2A3 was just what I read not what I actually heard - For me the 2a3 is a step up over the 300B all around out of the 300B's I've heard - Although the parallel 300B I heard from AN is an exception it is far too pricey for me and thus irrelevant.

The AN dealer in HK has the 45 Paladin power amp but at 2 watts per channel that's getting iffy with my AN E/Lexus HEMP (non HE version). But then I've been surprised before.

That's interesting that you can run a 45 into a 2A3 amp - I can say I didn't find the Empress at all lean - weight midrange and full blooded and never loosey goosey. I probably don't have the sensitivity for the 45 or the wallet for their 211. So the 2a3 is looking real good down the line.

BUT - I want to try a preamp on my LM 219Ia first because A) the 219IA is no slouch as an integrated and I have a strong sense it will be better as a power amp. Integrateds always seem to be let down by the preamp stage - indeed you'll notice that AN dealers and AN reps at audio shows almost always have a preamp into the Jinro - so if a $26,500 integrated needs a preamp to sound best then umm - you gotta have a dedicated preamp is what that tells me.

The M6, M3 and Music First Audio Baby Reference are what I'm looking at - problem is I have to buy the latter before listening to it. I know some don't care for AN preamps but I go with what I hear and the M6 from what I hear is pretty darn rock solid.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Amplified Parts  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • RE: 2A3 "softer blurrier" than what? - RGA 00:00:06 02/28/15 (0)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.