Home SET Asylum

Single Ended Triodes (SETs), the ultimate tube lovers dream.

RE: Please help me troubleshoot my new SET

clelow:
No you are not raining on my parade at all. In fact, it's great to have confirmation of my experience with the De Capo's and SET. Thank you so much!
Here's what I've learned. Reference 3A claims that the De Capo's are an easy load and 92 db efficient. Years ago, on the non BE model, JA of Stereophile measured them at just under 92 db. But if you do some googling you will be able to find the latest measurements of the Canadian National Research Council which come up with a different set of figures. They show that, generally speaking, the speaker is more of a 6 ohm rather than an 8 ohm load. Furthermore, they measure its average sensitivity at just shy of 87 dB. In fact, it is really only 92 dB throughout a rather narrow frequency band of 1-2 kHz!
So yes, I have loved my De Capo's, but if I want to continue with SET in this particular 300 B amp, then I think I do need to look for a more efficient speaker!

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Signature Sound   [ Signature Sound Lounge ]

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • RE: Please help me troubleshoot my new SET - rebbi 09:25:24 02/05/15 (0)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.