Home SET Asylum

Single Ended Triodes (SETs), the ultimate tube lovers dream.

RE: Rk Bypassing

Heck no, Andy is going through iron ( interstage transformers ) in SERIES with the signal, whereas we direct couple one tube to the other with 3 pieces of 19 AWG finely-made silver.

One could say, in a SE amp, every part is in the audio signal.

Now, for Rk bypasses, THAT does take a LOT of parts to do it best, going from the top of the Rk, to ground !!! Those highest quality, expensive parts are MIA in your DC amps BTW. Foremost, the amps' designers never knew how to work with them!! But done right, I can tell you, they are essential to include, I LOVE them and what they do. Only DF, to my knowledge, knows to do this, and he executes it first-class in every piece he puts out. YOU can't judge that with one RMAF visit, where we are not always set up well. It took multiple venues and set ups for me to listen and figure this all out. But I am very very SURE of what he builds, and how it plays.

The most recent news is that Dennis' latest amps, he has four built, building four more, are totally unequaled with anything he, or anyone else for that matter, has done to-date in tube audio design. They are simply ...wonderful . Drummerwill, Corona Dope, and I got a "taste" a "preview" of this with RMAF 2013 on Sunday morning, before tear down. Blew us good listeners away, and ... it is certainly well beyond that, right now.

Some of this, I am hoping, will fall into my hands, with my home amps. Hell, I have ALL THREE of my DC two stage amps torn down presently, waiting for my rebuilds with latest ideas and parts !! Progress is being made. If I can come within 50-60% of what DF builds today, I will be a very happy camper.

There is the very latest in audio news, sir !! Capish??

Jeff Medwin

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  VH Audio  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.