Home SET Asylum

Single Ended Triodes (SETs), the ultimate tube lovers dream.

RE: You live in the dark ages ......Think like a caveman,

You are only talking about a SMALL portion of the power supply in my amps, and its an incomplete picture, not representative of whats really going on.

My power supply, unlike many / most others, is "all over the amp " and we have said this, going back many years now.

For example, I have a simple one-part shunt regulator, located ONLY 1/8 th of an inch from the point of use, the front end's plate resistor. It shunts over 15 times the audio current, than what the audio stage uses. Ninty percent of what we hear in a two stage 2A3 amp is the front end. WHAT do you think that Shunt Regulator does, to lock-in high performance??

And I am not even discussing the additional use of a Dennis Fraker " Final Filter", L/C, located 1/8th of an inch from the input stage's plate resistor. Who has those TWO items in their amp designs, no one except Dennis and I.....and anyone we have mentored.

So Chris, we can't intelligently discuss my preferred amp designs, unless we look at the whole circuit. My power supply, copying Dennis', is ALL OVER the AMP !! What you are doing is trying to play poker with one third of the deck !!

Enough of this .

Jeff Medwin

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  VH Audio  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.