Home SET Asylum

Single Ended Triodes (SETs), the ultimate tube lovers dream.

RE: ALT. 1. Exactly, my supplies turned out nice

This is interesting stuff that you're all doing-- I suggest you involve Dave Slagle as much as you can.

I have a suggestion for you-- perhaps more a question: what happens when your simmed power supply is connected thru an output transformer (inductance, resistance and reactance) to a tube's plate, and also, what happens to the supply when it is tapped and shunt-loaded after the tap-- to also run a driver stage?

What does the power supply do under the conditions of running distributed loading and filtering in the amplifier-- beyond the simple simmed power supply?

I humbly submit that the entire amplifier-- ALL of it-- is the power supply, and its overall performance must be considered as a whole power supply system operating under changing and mixing pulsing conditions.

The question therefore becomes: "how can this possibly be simmed or evaluated if you only consider the main power transformer, the rectifier, the chokes and two capacitors?". Those are but a few of the parts in the power supply!

---Dennis---

Edits: 01/12/15 01/12/15 01/12/15

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Kimber Kable  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.