Home SET Asylum

Single Ended Triodes (SETs), the ultimate tube lovers dream.

RE: You live in the dark ages ......Think like a caveman,

Not even going to read it lol.

Judging by the picture you posted you don't grasp the difference between energy storage device and something that dissipates energy.

Its very simple Drlomu it goes like this, I will even use your attachment for an example.

Power from the voltage source will prioritize the cap because it is the lowest impedance. 36 ohm vs 650 ohm
The tube conversely loads the capacitor because 36 ohm is lower vs whatever the resistance is of the choke etc.
It's a relay.

That is why it is called a reservoir capacitor.
Similar to a water reservoir that is designed to collect and store sporadic additions of water, that can later be distributed in a even controlled fashion. Through valves even.

-The reservoir needs to hold enough water to get you by between rainfalls.
-You need more rain then the water you consume per year.

The bigger the reservoir is, the less it is going to drop in level per dry cycle. This is of particular interest to us because this water line is used as our voltage reference.

If this waterline stays fairly constant, then you can control valves in a predicable, dare I say linear fashion, because the water pressure is nearly always the same.

△This message will self destruct in 10 seconds△

Edits: 01/12/15 01/12/15

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Kimber Kable  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • RE: You live in the dark ages ......Think like a caveman, - Garg0yle 17:24:34 01/12/15 (1)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.