Home SET Asylum

Single Ended Triodes (SETs), the ultimate tube lovers dream.

RE: ALT. 1.

I don't necessarily believe I'm side tracking here as I find it interesting that some math that was brought up was previously used by yourself. If anything it validates my own belief that the previous ideas were releveant and you jumped ship a bit early on a well thought out power supply.

anyhow, I'd lean closer to your variation given that there are two chokes being used and I think two small chokes, particularly in the 1H+ range will filter better than a single 10H. on top of that, your variation uses more capacitance which will also help things.

I suspect your supply could compete with the other supply, in terms of "dynamic impedance" (or using chris' math), by the simple addition of a small input cap... you'd call it a cLCLC. varying that first cap, from .1uf to .68uf will change the "dyanmaic impedance" and give some further flexiblity in tuning the two stage power supply.

I'd actually like to see a simulation done without a current step, which would tell us which supply would be lower in ripple. My money says your variation would have less ripple. (more capacitance, two stages)

Also I'd not get so hung up on that 30uf first cap, I suspect that is specific to DFs exact implimentation.. (and it was 35uf in his amps)

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Parts Connexion  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.