Home SET Asylum

Single Ended Triodes (SETs), the ultimate tube lovers dream.

RE: I have to disagree somewhat

I think that the flashpoint for the ongoing arguments here are largely to do with "made up science passed off as a documented truth." I'll add to that "passed off as absolute truth, for all people all the time" and the off-topic responses to questions.

The ongoing behaviour - the thinly-veiled baiting, personal insults, off-topic jibes and apparent animosity - goes well beyond this. I think we should be well past blaming others for their actions while ignoring at our own part in this. I'm asking those involved where they believe their power lies: do they have an internal or external locus of control - do those involved believe they are responsible for their own actions? What are they trying to achieve and do their actions support their desired outcomes? Does their behaviour reflect well on their profession and would it be applauded by fellow members of their professional/member bodies?

There are a lot of people with much to contribute here, obviously. It is a disappointment that apparent professionals and intelligent people cannot conduct themselves in a manner that promotes constructive outcomes. Moreover, the moderators are failing to do what is required to this end.

It is starting to look like a lost cause.

"In the beginner's mind there are many possibilities, in the expert's mind there are few." Shunryo Suzuki

Edits: 01/03/15

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  VH Audio  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.