Home SET Asylum

Single Ended Triodes (SETs), the ultimate tube lovers dream.

RE: Blog of my Audio Note Kit 1 build...

First - great job with this post and build website!!!

Those big arse transformers really come into play with bandwidth and ability. One of the bigger reasons I have liked Audio Note is that they do bass very well. I am fortunate that living in Hong Kong there is also a dedicated Audio Note kits company and man you're getting me tempted to give it a whirl. The other day I auditioned the M2 preamp which presumably is similar to L series of KIT preamps. I was doing the math in my head. Uggh.

Still a kit - you can upgrade yourself (and repair should anything ever go wrong). That is quite valuable. When a cap goes you just have to buy the cap and do it yourself - no pricey repair bills or shipping it to get it repaired.

So now I wonder - how the kit preamp would compared to the M2 and M3 and M6? But man I haven't soldered anything since High School (1991) eesh. As I recall I wasn't too good at shop - but I still have all my fingers so I could not have been completely hopeless.

Edits: 12/20/14

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  McShane Design  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.