Home SET Asylum

Single Ended Triodes (SETs), the ultimate tube lovers dream.

RE: I just have to point out one more thing

The LYNX L-22 computer sound card balanced output is pro +4.

That's a different conversation.

BTW I didn't know your passive VC was balanced in and out?

I know, as a fact, that your power amp does not have a balanced input. So why would you be using the balanced output of your sound card?

The blu-ray players I looked up have 2 volts outputs but there is no standard, no rule.

"We've found some BD players output at 2Vrms when presented a 0dBFS signal while other outputs are at 1Vrms."

You said,

"You're dealing primarily with the S/N (signal-to-noise-ratio) of the interconnects used in the system.. Any wire has a "perfect" power range where it performs best. Put too much energy into it, and it balks, put too little in and it becomes a poor conductor at that signal level."

S/N (signal-to-noise-ratio) of the interconnects used in the system? Really Dennis?

Too much and the wire heats up and the DCR goes up and it becomes a poor conductor.

I guess you can call that "balks" if you want to but 2 volts or 7 volts or 20 volts into the input impedance of the power amp is not enough current to heat up the wire. So once again you are wrong Dennis.

As for "too little in and it becomes a poor conductor", that is just so ridicules I won't even offer a retort.

These things are all just more of your made up stuff Dennis with no basis in reality.

You can have an opinion but when you state your opinion as fact, without showing technical proof, then you and I will have a problem.

Tre'
Have Fun and Enjoy the Music
"Still Working the Problem"

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Kimber Kable  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • RE: I just have to point out one more thing - Tre' 13:01:01 12/17/14 (0)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.