Home SET Asylum

Single Ended Triodes (SETs), the ultimate tube lovers dream.

I just have to point out one more thing

My amplifier that will output 2 watts into 8 ohms with 2 volts input has a gain of 6db.

Your amplifier that will output 1 watt into 8 ohms with .33 volts input has a gain of 19db.

An amplifier that will output 500 watts into 8 ohms with 1 volt input has a gain of 36db.

An amplifier that will output 1000 watts into 8 ohms with 1 volt input has a gain of 39db.

So you are completely wrong when you said "The SAME amplifier gain structure would apply-- 18-20 db range.. You would simply go to a high power solid state amplifier (500 watts or more--preferably 1000 watts) with the same 18-20 db amplification range, and match up the speaker to the amp as usual."

If the listener were to get a higher powered amplifier (with the same gain structure) for his lower sensitivity speakers he would not be able to drive that amplifier with the same source voltage. He would need more source voltage but clearly that's not how it works.

The higher powered amplifiers have higher gain so the user will get the higher power to the speakers with the same source voltage but you don't seem to understand that.

I get tired of following you around trying to clean up the messes you make with the misinformation you post but as long as you continue to make false statements I guess I will have to continue to try to clean it up.

Have a nice day Dennis.

Tre'

Have Fun and Enjoy the Music
"Still Working the Problem"

Edits: 12/16/14 12/16/14

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Schiit Audio  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.