Home SET Asylum

Single Ended Triodes (SETs), the ultimate tube lovers dream.

RE: II. Power Supply

The Classic Hammond 200 Series power transformers now are made with 115 VAC AND 125 VAC taps on the primary. If your home's line voltage is a typical 122 VAC, and you use the 115 VAC primary winding, you get a 1.0608 step up ratio. This makes the 350-0-360 VAC winding a 373.1 VAC winding, nominal.

Also, you used 165 Ohms as the PSUD PT DCR. That, without looking, is likely the end to end ( 350 - 350 VAC ) total winding. On such a center tapped transformer, you only use EITHER end to center tap as the DCR.

But wait, it gets better, you can be more precise, and we should be. You can measure the DCR of the primary, and the step up ratio of the primary winding, to the High Voltage secondary winding, to determine the "best " DCR numbers to input into PSUD 2.

I will look for that Formula and post it herein.

----------------------------------

Hi Jeff!

When you work with Duncan amps PSU Designer II, please use the formula for Rtransformer:

Rtr. = Rsec. + (n x n x Rprim.)

Rsec. = DC Resistance secondary [Ohm], measured between (0V - high volt) of one 'leg'.

n = step-up ratio (= voltage secundary / voltage primary)

Rprim. = DC Resistance primary [Ohm]

This is the transformer resistance as it's 'seen' by the rectifier
tube.

Jeff Medwin

Edits: 12/07/14 12/07/14 12/07/14

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Kimber Kable  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.