Home SET Asylum

Single Ended Triodes (SETs), the ultimate tube lovers dream.

RE: II. Power Supply

Thanks.
OK so I had a look at a few of the Welborne DRD via google image search.

My layout is similar, the differences being:
-I have my choke jammed in between the PT and OPT on the topside.
-The 2A3 is in between the input tube and rectifier, placing the 6J5 on the opposite end of the power supply area. (Although I see some variations, both 2 and 3 tube versions of the Welborne DRD)
-The plugs and terminals are going to be along the "long" side of the chassis. The long sides on mine will be the front and back. I pondered turning them 90 degrees like the Welborne, but I will leave that for now as I don't see an apparent advantage to do so at this point.
Although I might put the power switch near the IEC socket like the Welborne has. I haven't had a problem with front mounted power switches in the past, however I think it might be prudent on this one.

I don't know what the orientation is of my OPT and choke though, since they are enclosed. I will orient these by their lead-outs at the bottom to minimize crossed wires etc.

I noted the plate choke on the DRD appears to be on the "front" wall near the tube sockets, similar to where I will place mine.

Given the size of my chassis the layout is fairly decent, time will tell.
If it doesn't work out I would have to go to a bigger chassis as opposed to rearranging the 12"x8"x2" chassis I have now.

△This message will self destruct in 10 seconds△

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  K&K Audio / Lundahl Transformers   [ K&K Audio / Lundahl Transformers Forum ]

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • RE: II. Power Supply - Garg0yle 07:51:39 12/07/14 (0)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.