Home SET Asylum

Single Ended Triodes (SETs), the ultimate tube lovers dream.

RE: Wrong forum?

"How much are the Cornwalls you know about?"

$2700 CDN, and the seller makes note of them being Cornwall III. If it was a cheap pair of first gen I would call it a no brainer, but this is way too much. I also recently listened to some Heresy 3's, and to be honest I found them very coloured sounding. I prefer my Tannoy speakers. I am not completely sure classic klipsch is for me.

"You go boy. Just keep in mind that it's a rabbithole."

A 6J7 is a $10 tube (with other uses), and there's a small handful of passive components. It will take me what, a couple extra hours to install and remove? I may even make it so it can be switched in and out. I have to find out for myself that NFB won't make an SET sound better...

"True. Do you want to run SET on the Tannoy's?"

No, they will find application in my other system, I am just using them now, well, because they exist. I don't have more efficient speakers on hand, and the Tannoys sound very good... the 2A3 just runs out of oomph.

As a note, the room is 30x14x8, speakers on the narrow end. Acoustic tile ceiling, carpet floor, wood panelling on the walls. A 1960s style basement rec room, but with newer carpet and furniture. It's more or less my favourite room of the house, and I have no problems using whatever speakers my heart desires in that room - price and personal preference being the main factors.

-Max

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  VH Audio  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.