Home SET Asylum

Single Ended Triodes (SETs), the ultimate tube lovers dream.

RE: Maxing Out my 2A3 amp's Power Transformer

I can understand bypassing the thermistor . I use a delay timer to bypass the thermistor in my hybrid amp . A simple test is to measure the AC across these things under load usually shows slight volt-drop . The rest of what you are doing seems pointless . The fuse bypass is downright dangerous !!!! I have plenty of huge transformers and chokes that will probably put what you have used to shame (ever seen a 3H 1A choke ?) but I rarely use the large items apart from in breadboards . I currently run 100VA 300V 45 ohm transformers for HT with 2A3 monos which are more than adequate and run cool in operation . Wire I use is 1/0.6 for small signal (23AWG) , 19/0.2 for HT and heaters (20AWG) , 19/0.25 (18AWG) for filaments/mains wiring and 19/0.3 (16AWG) for the output transformer secondary (all silver plated copper/PTFE) . I hold stocks of silver plated copper/PTFE all the way down from 26AWG (1/0.1) to 10AWG (37/0.4) but don't feel the need to use anything this thick inside a valve amp

Al

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Signature Sound   [ Signature Sound Lounge ]

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.