Home SET Asylum

Single Ended Triodes (SETs), the ultimate tube lovers dream.

RE: Maxing Out my 2A3 amp's Power Transformer

Hiah Al,

Lets do it one by one :

What gauge is the wire inside the fuse ?

A: Very small.

All of Jeff's most recent personally-built DIY amps use TWO AC switches, The second AC switch is a fuse and / or thermistor "bypass" or short-out switch, so I don't need to have them in the circuit when I am in the room with my amps, and I am doing serious listening.

What gauge is the wire inside the fuse ?

A: See above.

What gauge of wire is used inside the transformer ?

A: Lowest gauge possible.

Its an large core 18 pound device. It sports an under 9 Ohm "ultra hi fi DCR " high voltage winding secondary, from either end of the winding to the center tap. The 125 VAC primary, the entire winding, is "about" half of one Ohm. The wire I use is 950 mA. continuous capable, what is yours ??

What gauge is the wire inside your tubes ? What difference does a tiny fraction of an ohm make ?

A. The tube design is fixed, we work with it as thoughtfully as we can.

ps Why didn't you use black wire ?

A: With the new wire, having a low AWG rating, high silver content, and wide bandwidth, its likely good enough performance wise to use black insulation colors, and be better than anything else " I " have used previously.

Now you know what I am doing. What are you up to in the UK these days? Have a great day.

Jeff Medwin

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Crux Audio  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.