Home SET Asylum

Single Ended Triodes (SETs), the ultimate tube lovers dream.

Confused Flamer

Elblanco,

You certainly are confused and misdirected.

This is MY personal-use power transformer, one I designed as to specifications and had wound for me, to be used on MY new stereo 2A3 amp. No wheres in the thread do I mention Serious Stereo, and this thread has ZERO to do with anyone buying my friend's commercial gear !!

"One inch of bad wire can......."

"Prove it......"

Prove it to yourself. Take a stock Eico HF80 receiver. It has a 5/8ths to 3/4 inch length of bell wire lead across the amplifier section's input tube, as a direct couple from the plate of the input tube to the phase splitter's triode grid, the other half of a 12AX7.

Replace that 5/8ths of bell wire with a short length of very high quality wire. Why not TWO Kimber Kable AGSS, or some 13 AWG Siltech. Listen to that and you will understand what I am talking about. Right now, you don't have a clue. Prove it to yourself, for yourself, I already have, years ago.

"Use your ears......"

"My ears love distortion........"

Our ears are the very best measuring device we have in audio, the measuring device that counts the most.

Designing for "lowest distortion" is a misnomer, and only PART of the design process. Want lowest distortion, buy a solid state receiver with lotsa feedback. Our ears know when its right.

"Fulton, blah, blah,blah.....Fraker,blah,blah,blah"

"This is esoterica, known only to the initiated"

That is your problem, certainly not mine.

"Show me the math and measurements"

"I can't, its all in my head"

100 years of math and measurement failed, on its OWN, to produce a really great sounding tube amp. Its not in my head, but on either side of it, my ears ( and your ears ) IF you were to take the effort to listen. Many good people on this Forum and in audio do listen and listen well !!!

"Buy an amp from serious stereo, PLEASE"

Hogwash. You likely can't afford the gear, and so can't I. No wheres have I mentioned Serious Stereo in my post above. Nor is there an inference, except in your mind. Again, its MY power transformer re-do and MY amp I was discussing. If you have a problem with what I do, or what I post about, sorry... you don't have to read it.

Your sad flame attempt has little to do with the subject at hand. Cease and desist please. Thank you.

Jeff Medwin

Edits: 11/26/14

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Schiit Audio  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.