Home SET Asylum

Single Ended Triodes (SETs), the ultimate tube lovers dream.

That's Dowdy Lama! Yep, that's one of the first versions....

But I seem to recall he made some additional changes in order to flatten the frequency response in the version that DIY HIFI Supply eventually sold as a kit. I think he discusses it in the post below which no longer contains links to the schematics.

"A last trick is implemented in a pair of 1nF capacitors between the 300B Anode and 310A screengrid. This is actually positive feedback at high frequencies. This helps to overcome the HF rolloff inherent to the classic 91 Circuit, where usually 20KHz is around 3db down. In my Amp's I measure -3db somewhere at around 75KHz with this positive feedback in place, without -3db is around 20KHz as expected."

Also the 'optimized WE Cathode Bypass' which he discusses and which I suspect was likely the precursor to Jack Eliano's 'Ultrapath' circuit and which I have already implemented in my 300B amps.

I think, all and all, with his circuit description below and the circuit diagrams in page you linked to, one could pretty much duplicate the final product I heard at RMAF so many years ago.

Link below:

First they came for the dumb-asses
And I did not speak out
Because I was not a dumb-ass

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Kimber Kable  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.