Home SET Asylum

Single Ended Triodes (SETs), the ultimate tube lovers dream.

RE: WECo 91A/B--Long, but hopefully informative

Thank you for taking time time to write such a detailed response, it actually is a big help, and it settles some points too.

1. Input tubes will be metal 6J7. 6J7 has lower distortion than 6SJ7, and it avoids the need for a weird tube socket. Metal version because of shielding.

2. The tone shaping network will require some playing with to get right.

3. I will use PSUD-II to model various power supply configurations, but I plan on staying with multiple series connected electrolytics, like western electric did... The challenge will be specifying an appropriate choke.

4. Output tx puts me at a loss. You seem to have tried them all, basically I would say I will buy it on spec ... Best compromise between distortion at 20 hz, -3db high frequency limit, and price. Not everyone has this info though so it may take some gambling to get it right.

5 I plan to start with as close as possible circuit to original and then optimize it, so wiide bandwidth is absolutely necessary from output tx

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Signature Sound   [ Signature Sound Lounge ]

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.