Home SET Asylum

Single Ended Triodes (SETs), the ultimate tube lovers dream.

Perhaps I don't get it?

But I think what you are trying to say is that I and possibly a few others here don't project an aura of credibility based on our hostile nature towards the Serious Stereo drama.

OK, then people can ignore any or all of my advice if they choose.

This Serious Stereo amp has been rammed down our throats for years by LowMu. And talk about poor sportsmanship! LowMu has been very insulting to people who don't embrace his thinking.

So now we finally see the truth, the underside of this so called perfect amplifier and what do you know, it looks exactly like we expected. Just like many other hobbyist builds. Not bad but nothing special either.

If Dennis would simply say HE thinks his amps are the best and even offer some personal theories of why, nobody would be put off. But he chooses to dictate this junk science which is easily disputed by many people here.

If you think his ideas are worth your investment of time and money, then go for it. This is a hobby site. I don't care. I have a highly successful 30 year run in electronics, that would be the TV broadcast industry. I also hold senior IEEE membership, which requires accreditation and/or demonstrable experience measured by my peers.

So if you don't think I or anyone else who dares to challenge Dennis here is credible than don't. My technical competence and credibility are already established by several professional societies. I really don't give a hoot if the SET forum, Dr LowMu, or Dennis Fraker thinks otherwise.

Edits: 11/19/14 11/19/14 11/19/14

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Amplified Parts  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.