Home SET Asylum

Single Ended Triodes (SETs), the ultimate tube lovers dream.

RE: partially bypassed R(k)

I'm delighted that your amp sounds good-- no offense meant.

Damping factor-- I think I got that "perfect". It plays a lot of speakers that it shouldn't, and stays clean and solid right down into some unbelievable lows.

The interesting is that H.F. response is very extended-- enough to place performers right there and fool you. Cymbal clashes, and many other H.F. events sound real, present, and full, and extended.

You're not going to be able to "explain" that, although your attempts are certainly entertaining at the least.

"All Hell breaks loose". HUH? I probably have the most stable amp ever built! NOTHING fazes it! NOT ONE has ever lost a power tube or a rectifier.

Drivers? One could blow a grid out of one by putting a huge voltage spike straight into the input. I tried this a few times on tests. Nothing happened at all, just silence. NOTHING happened. I had to replace the driver to get music!

"MY" speakers? People play these amps on all kinds of things....

"Zero" practical experience? Oh my gosh! Amazing!

Tre, I'd love to hear your amps! In fact, if I make it to RMAF once again, you can bring them in. After hours, we'll hook them up. If they're better than mine, we'll just leave them in (with your permission) and just let the visitors listen to those!

On another subject, scientists at NASA think we've entered a Sun-Spot minimum period, a period of substantial Earth cooling. (Sort of like the old "Maunder Minimum", etc.).

Russian scientists are a bit bolder, some flatly state that we've already entered a new "Ice-Age"-- a 30-50 year one, not a major one--, but one that's going to cut food production way back, and will make your Winter energy bill soar.

If this is true, yours truly-- and perhaps some of you as well-- will be engineering something other than audio amplifiers.

---Dennis---

!

Edits: 11/19/14

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Schiit Audio  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.