Home SET Asylum

Single Ended Triodes (SETs), the ultimate tube lovers dream.

RE: Mystery has an end, in this case, enough is enough

Interesting. This is an old one for sure. Probably I built it in the middle '90's.

I took this picture many years ago-- I recognize my old carpet (underneath it).

I didn't give these pictures out, but I took two of them along to Room 2020, my old demo room at Denver's RMAF show.

I think someone must have swiped this one! I had them there so I could show a visitor an underchassis, should he ask, without having to remove the bottom cover of one of the show amps that were playing (which were several years newer than this old picture).

I therefore could teach or lecture from the picture, and could comment on what had improved in the newer Models that was not in the old picture.

I don't know who you are, GSH and I certainly made you no promises, so I think you owe this forum your full name right here and now: I think you should do that... so that I may understand.

New models of this amp are different, but the currents, voltages and tube types are the same. Layout, parts and wiring have changed much over the years in the search for better performance.

Something like this post had to happen someday, it's kind of like a nice, plump peach hanging there on its tree, all ripe and ready to be picked by someone.

Since I don't know your name, only "GSH", and you don't know me at all-- you could have called me, and I would have let you post this honestly, as it's very old and not current.. After all, someone did steal my picture!
(Heck!-- I wonder who that was)!

No matter. Have at it guys. Make as many comments/ideas as you want. You may also ask me questions-- feel free to do so.

I will come on the forum occasionally and have a look at what you say and ask, and see if I have an answer for you. I won't do that every day, but I'll follow-up when I can.

This is open to every one on this forum, but I do require that it be done with respect, honesty and courtesy to everyone concerned.

---Dennis---

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Parts Connexion  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.