Home SET Asylum

Single Ended Triodes (SETs), the ultimate tube lovers dream.

RE: ELROG 300B

Fair enough. I have not had the opportunity to hear a side by side comparison of a system which controlled for only one such physical characteristic.

In general, I tend to be highly skeptical of anyone who claims such black and white dogmatic approach to audio, which itself, at least in this realm is almost wholly subjectively measured.

To each their own. I don't claim such strict standards and I think the Elrog-300B is an interesting development.

FWIW, I have heard many 45, 2A3, 300B and 211 SETs back to back and all of the 2A3 ones were highly veiled, colored and not on par with the rest in my humble opinion. But then also in my experience the amp design dictates more than the final output tube. I'd still rather have a very cleverly designed triode strapped KT88 amp then a mediocre design amp using some uber-DHT output.

----------------
"When Khruschev said "we will bury you" I don't think he meant with surplus parts." zacster

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Atma-Sphere Music Systems, Inc.  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • RE: ELROG 300B - JoshK 13:32:32 10/20/14 (0)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.