Home SET Asylum

Single Ended Triodes (SETs), the ultimate tube lovers dream.

Not so fast ...

You've made some erroneous statements so before you take your bat and ball they need to be corrected.

1) Yes I've analyzed the circuit and yours too.

2) I have no idea where you got your currents from but if it's not class A what is it?

3) Mine handles less input voltage swing because it has more than twice the gain of yours for equivalent output swing due to a far better load line. Hence it's more linear, not less.

4) Say what you like about the currents it's the result at the speaker terminals that counts and overall the amp is much more linear than the mods you have put forward. At comparable output (0.5V in on my circuit), 2ndH -60db for yours compared to -90db for mine. 3rdH, -80db for yours Vs -90db for mine. Higher order H, -85db for yours, Vs negligible for mine. I can post the ffts if you like but you don't trust them.

5) Finally, my circuit is not SRPP. As I said I am putting forward simple changes to the original circuit that I would make (in line with the original poster's request before the thread was hijacked). With the proposed changes this circuit would be better served with higher HT as I've already stated but even as is I guarantee it will sound better than original or with the mods you proposed. Anyone out there willing to try compare and report back, I'd be most grateful.

Now I'm done too!

Naz

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Western Glow Tube Service  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • Not so fast ... - Naz 21:34:27 10/19/14 (1)
    • Simulation - Triode_Kingdom 12:50:34 10/20/14 (0)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.