Home SET Asylum

Single Ended Triodes (SETs), the ultimate tube lovers dream.

RE: Good news.

This is kind of strange with Peter looking to add more plants in Europe.

In Hong Kong they seem to be selling - every time I go in they seem to have sold even their demo models. But a lot of rich Chinese here and tubes are king in Asia.

I wish their zero series were more popular because based on sound quality it should be. Unfortunately, the sexy lookers out there for similar or less money have a visual advantage which sways the ears.

Last weekend I was utterly blown away by the M2 into Quest Monoblocks, DAC 3.1X and CDT4.1 Transport with AN J/LX speakers and Sogon cabling.

I don't know what can be done to sex them up a bit - offer the 20+ colour schemes they do with their speakers maybe? British Racing Green with red leather wrapped volume pots - eesh the thought of it makes me roll my eyes. Or matching wood veneers for the amps to match the speakers?

I think AN's issue has always been meeting the demand. In Canada you place the order and wait many months. You're going to lose sales and dealers who demonstrate the thing successfully and say okay please pay us $10,000 up front and you have to wait 10 months is probably often looking at a "thanks but no thanks" and then has to show something else.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  McShane Design  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.