Home SET Asylum

Single Ended Triodes (SETs), the ultimate tube lovers dream.

RE: EML 300B

Hi greg7

First; what make is the amp you are planning to put the 300B tubes in? Second; Asking how a specific tube sounds is like asking "how fast is a specific car tire". The answer depends on the amp-design and components it´s made up of and also which condition the tubes are driven under.

If you take a look at the tube manufacturers that produce the 300B tube today you may find some that produce tubes in different ways. Some use higher graded materials, higher vacuum, thicker hardened glass, quality bases, and a more robust construction. Some producers don´t.

I would point you in the way of KR or EML. They build quality tubes using quality graded materials.

I have many different makes of 300B tubes including KR, EML and others you mention and they do sound different, in my SET amp. I find the KR 300B to be my cup of tea, but that´s my cup.

I´m sorry but you won´t find an easy answer for your question. You will only get suggestive proposals and nonsense.

/H

Edits: 10/06/14

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Amplified Parts  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • RE: EML 300B - h00hbt 11:28:55 10/06/14 (0)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.