Home SET Asylum

Single Ended Triodes (SETs), the ultimate tube lovers dream.

Well, seems they don't have much value in original condition, too.

I offered them on A-Gon this spring; the highest offer I got was $8300 IIRC. (I paid $12K.) Oh well...maybe that's a good thing, as I still have them.

"If enjoying the sound why mess about." Because hi-end audio isn't about 'If it's not broke, don't fix it'. I think we'll all agree that there are degrees of excellence in reproduced music, and I'm not one to tolerate what I perceive as poor parts in expensive amps. I've managed, sometimes with lots of help from others, to improve the sound quality of virtually all pieces of electronic stuff in my music-reproduction system, and the very-high sound quality (in my and many others' opinions) is a result of that money and effort.

And I don't care much about resale value. Said another way, I don't buy equipment with an eye to selling it.

Probably I'll let these continue to warm until after the Club meeting and then order some parts, starting probably with the output-stage PS.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Signature Sound   [ Signature Sound Lounge ]

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.