Home SET Asylum

Single Ended Triodes (SETs), the ultimate tube lovers dream.

Amplifier for AN-E

Hello Jack Roberts (jnr),

One quick question ,,, :

I have a pair of AN-E Spe Signature speakers (black cone high efficiency version) that I purchased after reading your online review for them :)
(I´m glad I did)´

I was thinking of trying a single ended amplifier at home , as AN-UK themselves believe this is the best route to follow in order to extract all the magic the AN-E speakers are capable of doing ...

I am not interested in hifi, only in music, and my reference is the small bar downstairs where small bands play music almost on a daily basis. What I am interested in is that presence and emotion that takes place when a musician is playing or singing live.
Most hifi in my experience fails dramatically at this.

I am currently thinking in a few amps, and I was hoping you could give me a hand. Two of the options that keep ringing my mind as good options are:

- Audio Note Jinro > >
I have heard good, but not mind-blowing feedback for it

- Wavac EC 300b stereo amp + AN M3 preamp or SJS Arcadia preamp > >
I have the impression that you are personally in love with the EC300B, but I am a bit afraid it might not have enough juice to Rock my room together with my AN-E HE Spe Signature speakers.

Local auditions are out of the question, as there are no local AN/Wavac dealers around, and for obvious reasons, any AN dealer will not stock Wavac and vice versa...

I would trully appreciate it if you could get back to me in some way, provide me some quick advice via AA, or send me a PM I could reply to...

Many thanks again for your help (and for your AN-E review!, as it was very accurate to the point I would use your same words if someone asked me about them)

Best regards,
More music !

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Amplified Parts  

Topic - Amplifier for AN-E - b_online 23:29:04 09/16/14 (16)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.