Home SET Asylum

Single Ended Triodes (SETs), the ultimate tube lovers dream.

RE: How to use the 4P1L

Hello Andy,

Thanks for your continued interest. Over the next week I will explore on line what others do.

The German's didn't have Rod Coleman boards when they developed the tube, likely they used AC heating. Eh ?? Keep it OPEN, AC sounds very good, and is KISS !! 2 VAC is a snap, other than a custom Ef XFR, which is easy.

I will use your idea of 1.9 to 2 Volts, thanks, I usually use 5% less. Let me explore on line. Give Al my apologies please for frustrating him.

You are 100% correct, I have my ideas on implementation, but I will preview what others say and do before committing on a course. Most likely, no one has yet built a " Loftin White " 4P1L amp, but it should be OK on ALTEC A7s well wired .

My chassis is a combination of 12 gauge and 14 gauge welded steel, so it may possibly be rigid enough.

Andy, is there any advantage of a 4P1L over a Type 45, which is not microphonic and is a real triode and excellent sounding ??? Cost not a factor.

Jeff Medwin

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Amplified Parts  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.