Home SET Asylum

Single Ended Triodes (SETs), the ultimate tube lovers dream.

RE: Linearity

OK T-K,

Well then, I apologize to you. You have posted negatively about audio things I do in the past, over many years now, and it caused me to over-react.

Yes, I do like the way this tube sounds. Yes, I do not get too upset at all about its curves, the transfer characteristics doesn't "tell all" to my way of thinking. Yes, I want to build a SE DC amp with this in the finals position.

I am motovated by two things T-K.

First, and foremost, in 2013 I listened to a two stage DC Push Pull amp ( designed and hand-built by the late Arthur Loesch - used the same tube types I intend to use ), and I LOVED the way it sounded to me. Mesmerizing.

Second, some of the builders on-line ( experienced, respectable individuals ) have used this tube, typically in a line level preamp, and they too much like what they heard. Names were referred to in another post in this thread.

Thats all, there are no guarantees when you do a new design, but the proof of the pudding...blah, blah, blah, ....is NOT just the load line !!!

This will, to the best of my knowledge, be the first single ended triode two-stage direct-coupled amp with 6AH4s as the final tube, and additionally, it employs what I call a "modern power supply". These factors alone make me wanna get off my butt and build it, just to hear it !! Its fun. Give me a couple of months and I will know more !!

I'll post photos as I go along as some like to see them.

Jeff Medwin

Edits: 09/11/14 09/11/14

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Parts Connexion  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • RE: Linearity - drlowmu 18:51:07 09/11/14 (1)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.