Home SET Asylum

Single Ended Triodes (SETs), the ultimate tube lovers dream.

RE: awareness increase

Hello Mr GSH !!!

Thanks for posting and looking all that up - nice.

I think its interesting that GEEK ZONE and his wife fell in love with the sound of the 12AX7 - 6AH4GT in SE mode, when they first inserted it onto their big speaker system. It "had the magic".

The fact that the Husband modded himself away from what he initially did, is fine with me, and not to surprising. ' Happens all the time !!!

I had a 1990s Art Loesch P-P 6AH4GT amp in my system ( in 2013 ) which used a 12BZ7 or a 12AX7 as a differential front end/splitter, one side grounded, one side hot. From what I heard last year, I knew the DC tube combo was good, special, despite having to listen to the "forced" and negative sound of a phase inversion, something the new amp will eliminate being Single Ended.

As to what the Far Easterners do or don't do with amp builds, well, frankly, it never impresses "me" much. No disrespect. There are sharper minds that apply themselves to the audio art form IMHO, right here in the good ole USA.

Thanks for your post, and regards.

Jeff

Edits: 09/10/14

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Schiit Audio  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.