Home SET Asylum

Single Ended Triodes (SETs), the ultimate tube lovers dream.

RE: OPTs

->>You could use a separate PSU chassis if you wanted to get elaborate. If it were me I'd convert it into fixed bias to lose the cathode bypass cap and I'd try to use some DHTs in the input and use an interstage.

Sounds like my 2A3 mono blocks with separate PS chassis build I have on the drawing board. I've been collecting vintage parts for the build. I have massive Hammond Organ multi-tapped mains transformers and huge SET OPTs I bought here on AA Trader.

This is will be my first scratch build. I'm going into this build with no preconceived notions that it will go smooth or that I won't smoke some components. I have not decided on my circuit topology yet but I plan on using RCA manuals for my guidance. I like the Japanese builder's (name fails me at the moment) philosophy of like feeding like with iron coupling.
Design goal is to closely emulate mesh plate 45 SET sound utilizing plentiful, obscure and INEXPENSIVE tubes. Not very original, I know.

Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in one pretty and well-preserved piece, but to slide across the finish line broadside, thoroughly used up, worn out, leaking oil, and shouting GERONIMO!

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Western Glow Tube Service  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.