Home SET Asylum

Single Ended Triodes (SETs), the ultimate tube lovers dream.

RE: Have auditioned the Line Magnetic 219IA

Yes I meant the silver transformers but I was also thinking of their speakers. The copper speakers seem more at ease with SS amps for example.

Ideally I would be able to directly compare (A/B) the M3 and M6 amplifiers with a set of silver wired speakers.

But as it stands now with my Hong Kong system being

Line Magnetic CD 215 CD Plyaer
Line Magnetic 502CA DAC
Line Magnetic 219IA integrated
Audio Note AX Two Speakers
KEF LS-50 Loudspeakers

I want to eventually get to the following in this order:
1) Audio Note E/Spx HE Alnico (the Alnico tweeters to me just take the whole thing up several leagues)
2) Audio Note M6 preamp (into the LM 219IA would then serve as a Dual Mono power amp)
3) AN DAC 3.1x/II Balanced
4) AN CD/Two II Transport.
5) Then the issue of power amps. With the High efficiency in smallish Hong Kong living spaces it would likely open up options including the 2 watt per channel 45 tube amp.

Still I prefer the 211 over 300B amps and I prefer the power of the 845 over 300B amps thus far. The Conquest Silver though made me rethink that somewhat as it sounded quite robust at the dealer here. I had a non audiophile friend with me and was a bit distracted from serious listening but the amp with the J/LX had some pounding ability on rock which is a must for me.

Audio Note unfortunately doesn't make an 845 and their 211s are well out of my range. The 2a3 is a possible but I like some big scale dynamic drive ability which is why I prefer the 845/211. But the 300B does have the intimacy and inner resolution thing so I could keep the 845 219IA and then add the 300B/2a3 and get the best of both worlds (no law says you have to be stuck with one kind of power amp right)? And I genuinely like many of these tube outputs. I like what my OTO does with its EL84s and I like what 300B does well and I like the bigger sounding 211/845. They each bring something and lose something. It's just fining space to put all this crap. I hate trading stuff - always lose a bunch of money and then I regret selling it for too cheap.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Sonic Craft  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.