Home SET Asylum

Single Ended Triodes (SETs), the ultimate tube lovers dream.

RE: Have auditioned the Line Magnetic 219IA

Fair enough This is why they make a variety of tube types. They're nto for everyone.

If you're not a big fan of the 845 I doubt you will like the 211 all that much more since they're in the same sonic vein.

300B parallel is the only way I would probably want to go with 300B and least expensive set-up that I have personally liked was the Audio Note M6 preamp with AN SOGON cables into the AN Conquest Silver Monoblock (18 watts per channel) and a CD 4.1. And that is well over $70,000 I believe before speakers.

Can't really take the amps in isolation either. Stick a great amp in a mediocre system and you just get mediocre sound.

That is my problem - I could have bought the Jinro but then I'd have no money to do anything else.

Personally, I would try not to buy an integrated amp if you can help it - not at the dollars you're at. Also factor in resale value should it not work out. Audio Note will hold value far more than my Line Magnetic and probably more than Ayon. Separates will too I bet.

The only reason I went with the 219IA was because it allows for a preamp which allows me to follow my long term plan. I would also suggest trying copper wired version of AN amps that are silver - the silver to me works better in AN systems - the copper works better in mixed and matched systems and is cheaper.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  VH Audio  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.