Home SET Asylum

Single Ended Triodes (SETs), the ultimate tube lovers dream.

I tend to think we sell our ears short ...

I'm willing to bet that design philosophies and personal biases aside, most of us here would agree on "good" and "bad" sound when they hear it, even if we can't agree on how to achieve it!

IME, all the audio guys I've come across not only agree on "good" and "bad" sound regardless of their background or musical training but could describe what they hear in a manner consistent with what others are also hearing. I've been amazed how well my friends have remembered what they heard of one another's systems and even describe the differences upon hearing the same system many months later following relatively minor tweaks.

I think, it's just that some of us are better trained at pinpointing what's wrong or right with the sound they hear and translating it in a manner that enables it to be improved.

One thing I do know is that there is no limit to how good it can get. Once we have established a new (hopefully better) reference, it is relatively easy to climb to a higher level.

My 2C,
Naz

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Sonic Craft  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • I tend to think we sell our ears short ... - Naz 00:36:13 04/16/14 (0)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.