Home SET Asylum

Single Ended Triodes (SETs), the ultimate tube lovers dream.

These 300B came in today and they Tube DIY asembled but didn't work

They have regulation in the filament and the High Voltage B+ along with an all film cap high voltage power supply and I can tell you honestly that I really love how these they effortlessly power the big full range ribbons.I hooked them up to the ESLs and they got right on it.They have many PP amp characteristics with the energy in the bass and treble region.In other words,they aren't rolled off or tubby in the bottom octaves.I really like 300Bs and I would love to hear a pair of paralleled 300BXL running about 800 volts or a PP 300B amp(s).
I fixed a hair line cracked board in the one but I put in a reg in the other one because I couldn't trigger the negative bias voltage and it taps off the,much like a switch mode supply..
He did send the PSvane 300b tubes with the amps but I prefer the Shuggie Treasures but they are similar in most ways.
"For every complex problem there is an answer that is clear, simple, and wrong" H. L. Mencken

Edits: 04/12/14 04/13/14 04/13/14

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Parts Connexion  

Topic - These 300B came in today and they Tube DIY asembled but didn't work - Michael Samra 20:00:29 04/12/14 (7)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.