Home SET Asylum

Single Ended Triodes (SETs), the ultimate tube lovers dream.

Seems I've been accumulating version of all-3 tubes.

The 'EM7s are a bit confusing in that apparently identical tubes are branded differently, so I now separate them by plate color and type...for instance gray/gray, gray/black, black/gray, black/black, black/black-Ts, etc. Have NOT formed any opinions on SQ.

In 300Bs I have pairs of original Shuguang Treasures, new Psvane TII-series, Gold lion PX300Bs, new EMLs, used JJs, and a trio of Sophia Golden Princesses.

I have many different types and brands of 5U4Gs. The closest I can get to 'top getters' are two almost-identical ones with a D-shaped getter hanging from a wire off the top mica; they're branded Westinghouse and RCA. The most-complicated-looking 5U4Gs, with what appears to be reinforced top micas, etc., are two Sylvanias, one labeled 'U. S. NAVY C.H.S. SYLVANIA' and a commercial version labeled with more-modern-looking green ink.

Again, I haven't formed opinions of SQ on any of these; I just install them, make sure they work for a day or week, and put the next pair in.

Edits: 03/24/14

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Amplified Parts  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.