Home SET Asylum

Single Ended Triodes (SETs), the ultimate tube lovers dream.

Almarro 318b vs Audio Note OTO SE vs Leben CS300

Friends,
I have been using a Naim nait 5i with a Pair of Tannoy Turnberry SE for sometime now. I love this combination. However I have been persuaded by few Tannoy owners that I should try a good tube amp with it. For about GBP 1250 I can get a leben cs300, Almarro 318b or Audio Note OTO SE in the used market. Need some views here. I guess all these amps will better the nait 5i in terms of tones but will I lose prat and flow of the Naim ?

How do the three tube amps in question compare with a 93db sensitive speaker like Tannoys ? I listen to all kinds of music ranging from Rock, Blues, Jazz and Classical.

I have heard the Leben and Audio Note at the local dealer in a direct A-B comparison. While the Leben sounded very well controlled, the Audio Note sounded very liquid, making the Leben sounding mechanical. However I felt the Audio Note may not be able to drive the Tannoys. I look forward to some views here, much needed.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Schiit Audio  

Topic - Almarro 318b vs Audio Note OTO SE vs Leben CS300 - Plinius_Fan 08:22:43 01/19/13 (23)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.