Home SET Asylum

Single Ended Triodes (SETs), the ultimate tube lovers dream.

RE: pissin match

Hello there! I don't have your first name, but your post deserves an answer.

I certainly don't care who knows what. Neither do I care who gets credit for a good idea.

Good ideas are often unconventional and are sometimes rejected out-of-hand by those who think they have all the answers, and think that people like myself should be sidelined so that only the dominator's ideas can be aired without insult and personal attack..

We haven't met each others-- in most cases, so any personal attacks are at once dishonest and irrelevant.

Most forums on the internet are like this one-- since it has only a one-way communication, and since the fellows can't be present with each other-- this form of communication is extremely barbaric and at its very best, can only be marginally useful.

Certainly, loads of information in the form of numbers, charts and graphs can be transmitted efficiently. ("and knowledge shall abound, but the way of truth they know not")-- it goes something like that.

That's the trap we're all caught up in-- when we depend on the Internet-- we can efficiently transmit information which anybody can get anytime out of readily available texts-- it isn't hard to obtain-- but when someone has a better way of thinking or of approaching problems in general, or has a better idea-- maybe even knows how and why it works-- he gets subjected to ridicule because he does not generate reams of data.

These kinds of forums utterly fail because they tend to become dominated by information freaks, mathematicians, and data-hoggers who WANT SCHEMATICS to pick apart-- they DO NOT want ORIGINAL THINKING-- especially in our cases.

They're just being LAZY!

No one is trying to insult anybody else.

We ARE schooling the non-gangsters who are ALSO reading these forums-- and who don't have the time to try to outwit the gangsters who try to dictate how this forum is being used.

Internet Bullying is what this form of gangsterism is normally called, and Americans have had just about enough of it.

The people who are benefitting from these honest, on-line discussions about how to think through an audio problem, and how to bring a new design to perfection BEFORE it is built or breadboarded have asked me to keep contributing to this forum even though my time is limited, and I deal in CONCEPTS-- NOT-- I repeat-- NOT how-to-assemble blueprints or kit-form formulas, snatched out of RDH or on-line calculators.

Myself and a few others teach HOW TO THINK--- NOT how to gather information.

INFORMATION IS CHEAP.

KNOW HOW is priceless, and is a product of rightly-applied thinking, imagination, and a willingness to explore the unknown.

IT IS NOT a product of formulas, books, and etc. We all use those. We all refer to those when we need them. I do. SO WHAT?

This is not a war between science and imagination-- BUT SOME WANT IT TO BE. We USE BOTH every day.

Certain forum members wish to force people who use these forums into an INFORMATION ONLY context. That is STUPID.

Original thinking kinds of threads are bringing down the forum?

Exactly the opposite is occurring-- the good-hearted, the honest, and those who can imagine into the future are reading these posts every day.... and are building-- unknown to most of us who post (I thank you for your efforts no matter who you are-- I know it takes time to do it!)-- equipment that is superior to anything that is being posited by the information-only people.

So are we bringing this forum down? No, we are allowing it to breathe free-- maybe FOR THE FIRST TIME ever? We are encouraging those who can think into the future-- beyond mere numbers and published materials-- to go ahead and think out-of-the-box. To LEARN HOW to think originally, to create new and more useful ideas, and to learn how to design applications for themselves.

This is, and has been occurring because of the posts I have made on TUBEDIY over the years, and because others have done the same thing-- have not given up on the people who don't post-- but READ these posts and benefit-- and have pulled far ahead of the few gangsters who wish to dominate this forum.

Those people who don't post often-- but are reading this-- they are the ones that count-- and should count to the kind folks that sponsor this site.

The sponsors benefit more than any of us when people are learning how to think for themselves, and to question authority-dominator figures, and to go on, invent for themselves and build better.

When that happens, products are bought and sold. The sponsors will sell some of it to all of us, including myself.

Your forum is not being brought "down". It is finally growing up.

---Dennis---

Edits: 06/27/12 06/27/12

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Kimber Kable  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.