Home SET Asylum

Single Ended Triodes (SETs), the ultimate tube lovers dream.

RE: The road ahead ....can be bumpy....

Dennis,

I deal with ungodly 'religious' people all the time, so I understand your religion analogy here. Another descriptive word I left out in my previous post which is synonymous with religion is 'accusation'. You had better not 'misspeak' or they'll nail you to a cross (or at least try).

I'd been made fun of by one of your AA 'accusers' years ago because I was new to this hobby and I posted a question, but didn't ask it right. I don't remember what the problem was, but it was something simple like using a wrong word/terminology to describe what I was trying to find out the answer to. I see that nothing's changed with this person. Too bad because I know they're intelligent enough to be ultra helpful, but they're religiously bent on making sure everybody 'follows the rules'. I might think they have something worthwhile to consider to if they'd present themselves in a respectable manner and not belittle those they disagree or find fault with.

I know you can't go outside the law of physics, even spiritual forces must operate within that law. Its set and can't be broken. Manipulated? Yes, but still within the law's boundaries. That's where the paranormal field comes in, but that's another subject. Not 'all' science is truth. Some is just conclusive facts that serve as an explanation for something happening, not the whole 'truth'. Sometimes these facts become 'accepted' and are served to everyone as truth (but I speak of things concerning another subject).

As you said, I think there are things that we don't know everything about, but I'm a 'show me' guy and then I'll evaluate and come to 'my' conclusion. There can be a world of difference between 'fact' and 'truth'. I try to get as close to the truth as possible, but hell, I'm a person and I'll make mistakes. I'm not afraid to make mistakes, but I'm getting better at making less of them.

Anyway, I do like how you approach a subject and how you handle yourself when others not-so-respectfully disagree with you. I would consider what you have to say because of your approach. Not that I even understand some of the things you speak of, but I like your friendly demeanor. Don't ever bother defending yourself, you don't have to.

L.D.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Schiit Audio  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • RE: The road ahead ....can be bumpy.... - lektrik 17:56:03 06/25/12 (0)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.