Home SET Asylum

Single Ended Triodes (SETs), the ultimate tube lovers dream.

RE: There needs to be a showdown in the road......

Tre and I have locked horns plenty enough in the past, but mostly over semantics rather than anything else.

The math is the math though, and try as one might to ignore it, the fact of the math remains and does manifest in any design. Sounds to me like Dennis hand-picks his tubes to get bandwidth, if he does any measurements.

I asked a question of Dennis in a thread below which went unanswered. It had to do with heating in the VC of a loudspeaker. Maybe he could answer it here....

If not, I have to assume that the VC heating thing isn't real.

I found that there are different ways that an amplifier can drive a speaker. It depends on output impedance and the like, and has a lot to do with how the speaker is designed. Once I sorted out some of the differences in the design rules I wrote a short paper explaining what was going on. I have posted a link.

The paper ignores the current-drive method as that never really developed into what I would call a paradigm. But there is plenty of evidence for the Power Paradigm and the Voltage Paradigm is well-known. Most any SET, BTW, is a Power Paradigm device. I wonder if this is what Dennis was talking about with his VC heating comments?

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  The Cable Cooker  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • RE: There needs to be a showdown in the road...... - Ralph 11:52:13 06/25/12 (0)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.